Wednesday 12 December 2007

Iceland revisited

Unfortunately we have not yet re-visited Iceland, as much as I would like to. But Alisha, one of our compatriots and fellow Iceland visitors, sent me some great photos of my favourite bit of Iceland - Þingvellir National Park, where the Eurasian and North American tectonic plates meet. This spot was the first stop on our day tour out of Reykjavik and it was amazing. Snow-dusted cliffs wrenching out of the ground where the pressure between the plates has forced them up and across, and a beautiful clear blue sky reflecting off the water between the rocks. Plus a sunrise. What more could you ask.

Somewhat typically, the battery in my camera ran out right after we got out of the jeep to walk across the park, and as the spare was in the car, I couldn't take any photos. I have added these couple from Alisha onto the flickr site but since there are only 2, and they're almost my favourites of the whole trip (although The Boyfriend and the bicycle is up there), I have posted them below.



We're slogging through the last couple of weeks of work before Christmas. Bruges in 9 days.

No comments: